The Kennedy Placer
Pershing County, Nevada
Pershing County, Nevada
• Primary Commodities: Gold
• Claim designation: un-patented Placer
• Size: 60 acres
• Location: Pershing County, Nevada
•Financing available with $5000 down and monthly payments of $700.00
Direct purchase discounts available.
The Kennedy mineral property is a documented Gold producer in the Kennedy Mining district of Pershing county, Nevada.
Featuring sixty-acres of Gold bearing valley, seasonal water, remnants of a large ground-sluicing operation from the 1980's, commodity reserves in excess of 750,000 yards and excellent access.
Designated as the largest placer Gold deposit in the district, the Kennedy boasts over 18 acres of ground sluicing operations, underground drift mining remnants and Gold values estimated at between: [0.5g-to-6.5g grams per yard].
Historically located in the early 1890's, the Kennedy district has little surviving record of past production.
As with most districts at the time, profit production by smaller operations was commonly undocumented.
USGS documentation acknowledge the active placer deposits, as well as lode sources such as the Gold Note mine further north, though company production records seem to have been completely omitted or lost.
- Primary workings consist of a large ground sluicing operation along the creek-bed terrace deposit. Surface cuts, dug back to back in the gravels provided "pay dirt" for the (Wooden Long-Tom wash plant).
- Secondary workings consist of one underground mine shaft, driven into the terrace gravel beds in search of increased Gold values from past flood plains. Shafts are estimated to range between 50' -to 200' in original depth.
- Given the original workings comprised nearly 18 acres of area, and cut the deposit at a general depth of 5'-to-8' feet( excluding the drift shafts), an estimated reserve of over 750,000 yards of untouched deposit reserve is available in the initial 20' of the parcel surface alone.
- Estimated primary reserves worth $193,181,800 at the minimum estimate of 0.5 grams of Gold per yard.
The tailings piles from the sluicing operation and drift mines are estimated at over 3000 yards of screened gravels and soil with secondary Gold reserves estimates of 0.10g-to-0.75g per yard: equating ($153,000 at 0.10grams per yard at a spot commodity price of $17,000 per ounce at time of property listing).
Primary deposit consists of auriferous alluvial gravel beds surrounding Kennedy Creek.
Water level deposits, upper terrace deposits and bedrock deposits are available for exploration and extraction during both wet (spring) and dry(summer) seasons.
Lode/original source values eroded from the upper elevation hillside quartz veins, as the creek cut through the valley topography and eroded the underground deposits throughout ages of water flow.
The previous mining operations, including both surface sluicing and underground drift mining had been dependent upon water availability. Hundreds of feet in plastic piping was utilized by pumps and irrigation devices for the Long-Tom sluice during the 1980's.
The wooden drop riffle sluicing method was at the time effective, though at a relative Gold capture rate of 55%-78%, dependent upon operator skills. As with most past productions, excessive flower Gold was lost during in the screened tailings, as well as through the wash plant.
This location provides a perfect opportunity to utilize modern dry washing and metal-detecting technology for enhanced Gold recovery during the dry season, as well as standard sluicing/dredging during the spring.
Staging area features a wide open space, and remnants of three vintage Campers and collapsed wooden sheds adjacent to the primary workings.
The secluded area topography masks the camp and workings from road views.
- Access to the area is available to most 2wd and any 4x4 vehicle.
- Parking and staging area is suitable for multiple vehicles and campers
A one of a kind location for an established mining company or beginning enthusiast with high return expectation.
- Financing available with flexible payment options and 0% interest.
- Tier 1: $5,000 down and monthly payments as low as $700 for a (12 year term loan)
- Tier 2: $7,500 down and monthly payments as low as $855 for a (9.5 year term loan)
- Tier 3: $10,000 down and monthly payments as low as $1130 for a (7 year term loan)
- Direct purchase discounts available